01 March 2013

1. An Abundance of Katherines


There’s this one site I visit every single day, http://www.goodreads.com. I love it because it’s not just so easy to use but you can also track down the books you’ve read and the ones that you want to read. They have everything!!! From the classics to the new bestsellers. In just a click away, you can order books and get them delivered right at your doorstep. Some, even downloadable for free!!! Oh and not just that, some writers do have giveaways which means that they’ll send you their books before they publish it. Woohoo.
Found out about goodreads.com last year and was already too late for their annual reading challenge. Huhuhu. Which is why I made sure I'll be able to join this year. Thus, I have challenged myself to read at least a hundred books for 2013.

The very first book I did read this year is John Green’s An Abundance of Katherines. I love John Green! He is just exceptionally talented. He writes awesomely and he’s just……. so intelligent. I just love how his mind works. He never disappoints.  (fantard-ing) :>
***When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton’s type happens to be girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. He’s also a washed-up child prodigy with ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a passion for anagrams, and an overweight, Judge Judy-obsessed best friend. Colin’s on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which will predict the future of all relationships, transform him from a fading prodigy into a true genius, and finally win him the girl. Letting expectations go and allowing love in are at the heart of Colin’s hilarious quest to find his missing piece and avenge dumpees everywhere.***

There’s equations everywhere </3 haha but I like this book, nonetheless.
This isn't my favorite John Green book, I must say, (only because of all the numbers everywhere) BUT I still had fun reading it. It ain't the typical boy meets girl story. It's interesting in a very young, very fresh way.
If you love mathematics, you’d surely love this book. 
Oh and if you have an account on goodreads though, please add me up, http://www.goodreads.com/mhygsz.
LET’S ALL BE HAPPY NERDS ♥
Love,
M x


No comments:

Post a Comment