10 April 2013

30. Safe Haven


I am not really a Nicholas Sparks fan but since I've been reading a lot about how great the movie was, I just had to read the book and figure out why. 

PS: this is my first Nicholas Sparks book. Ever. 
A Walk to Remember is one of my all-time favorite movies but I haven't read the book :( (but I will before the month ends) :) So I really don't have any idea, I don't know what to expect from Sparks.

I like this book, I enjoyed it not because I'm a hopeless romantic (a part of me will always be haha) but because it talks about a woman's courage and strength, a woman's drive to self-preservation, a woman's commitment to happiness.

Apparently, Katie (Erin)'s been through a lot when she was with Kevin, physically and emotionally. After everything she's been through, she deserves just the best. She deserves to be happy. She deserves to be with a man who loves her so much, unconditionally. 

Oh and my goodness... the ending gave me goosebumps for about a solid minute. I didn't see that coming. It's amazing what love can do. 

If you're trapped inside a very unhealthy married life, read this.
If you're scarred and lonely, read this.
If you want to find your way back into love, read this.

Love,
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment