15 March 2013

28. For One More Day


For One More Day unmasks the beauty and complexity of the relationship between a mother and her child. It also gives you the chance to ponder on what family really means, to the world and to you, most of all. In just a few hours, you'll come to realize how many stupid times you've failed to express how much you love your mother, how much you've taken her for granted. And just when you've come to your senses? Poof. It's already too late, your mother's not with you anymore.

This is Chick Benetto's story, an ex-baseball player. He got a slap on his face when he got pictures of her only daughter's wedding looking so happy (without him). He felt so shut out and so he decided to just take away his life. He had a near-death experience.
He had one more day with his mother. And that's when the secrets of the past got uncovered. 

It's amazing how one book can change how you feel or how you see life, how you see the ones you love. I love how this book made me love my mother a million times more. I mean sure I'm the "black sheep" of the family and I've done so many stupid things, but that doesn't mean I love my mother any less. If there's one person in this world I love so much, that would definitely be her. And right now, all I want to do is to start on a very clean slate and make it up to her as soon as possible. Nothing's certain, only a mother's love is. There's nothing a mother won't do just to see her children happy. There's nothing a mother won't do just to send her children to school. 

"A child embarrassed by his mother is just a child who hasn't lived long enough."
This one is very true. I believe you'll never really understand something if you're not experiencing it yourself. I am already a mother (single) too and I can really say that I've never seen my mother now the way I've seen her before. I have high respect for her, for the things she's done and is still doing for us. No words can ever express how much I love my mother. I have taken her for granted, I didn't know what I was doing back then. I was so young and so impulsive but I've learned my lessons. Now it's time to give back, to make her feel special, like she's Queen Elizabeth. 

"...when you're looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know"
It's truly amazing how a mother loves her child. Like I said, I'm like the "black sheep" of the family but never did my mother make me feel like I'm not worthy of her love. She is the most compassionate person I know, the most patient, the most kind. She never gave up one me... and that's what keeps me going. 

This is a very good read, it will touch your innermost soul. Everybody has a mother. Everybody should read this. Let's all be the daughter or son that every mother deserves. They're supermoms and they deserve nothing but the best kids!!! 

To all the mothers out there, especially mine, we love you. We thank you for the unconditional love you have for us. We are very much proud to have mothers like you.
Nanay, one day, you'll be proud to have a daughter like me. I'll strive to be the best, like you. You are my Wonderwoman. I'll make your dreams come true, that's a promise I'll sure keep. I love you to the moon and back!!! 

Love,
M x



2 comments:

  1. Aww you are such a sweet & loving daughter! Your mom is surely proud of you. I am also a mom and your post touches my heart. And yeah, I agree this book by Albom is such a good read. He's one of the best inspirational writers I've ever known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. May :) Nah I still have a long way to go before I can truly say that "finally, I've made my mother proud" but I'm working on it. *beautiful fingers crossed* Awwww I am happy to have touched your heart in my own little way :) And I agree, he really is one of the finest authors of his generation. :)

    Thank you for dropping by!!! I appreciate it a lot. ❤

    Love,
    M x

    ReplyDelete