01 March 2013

8. She's Come Undone


***In this extraordinary coming-of-age odyssey, Wally Lamb invites us to hitch a wild ride on a journey of love, pain, and renewal with the most heartbreakingly comical heroine to come along in years.
Meet Dolores Price. She’s 13, wise-mouthed but wounded, having bid her childhood goodbye. Stranded in front of her bedroom TV, she spends the next few years nourishing herself with the Mallomars, potato chips, and Pepsi her anxious mother supplies. When she finally orbits into young womanhood at 257 pounds, Dolores is no stronger and life is no kinder. But this time she’s determined to rise to the occasion and give herself one more chance before she really goes under.***
I was waiting for my sister at Parkmall when I happened to pass by BookSale. I just had a few minutes to decide on what books to buy so I just grabbed those that are quite pleasing to the eye since I still had to buy some things for mum.  So yeah, that’s how I got this book.
Unfortunately, it ain’t what I thought it is. I’m not sure why it’s a bestseller even because it’s so boring and so dull. I think it even took me a whole week to finish the whole thing.
I know Dolores went through a lot, and I pretty much believe she really has a great story which is really really worth sharing but the thing is, maybe it was just a case of choosing and using the wrong set of words.
PS: I admire Dolores. She’s come a long long way. She’s come undone indeed and I’m happy for her.
Love,
M x


No comments:

Post a Comment